The best weekend corn fritters
Corn fritters are perfect for weekend breakfast entertaining. Made on almond meal, these corn fritters hold a nutty note, and provide a great punch of protein – making them perfect for vegans. The avocado salsa gives a fresh and spiced kick.
what you’ll need
- 1 sweet corn, kernels removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 handful chives, sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup almond milk or regular milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- ½ handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp of pepitas, pounded in mortar and pestle
- 1/2 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
In a bowl combine the almond meal, onion, eggs, salt, milk and corn.2.
Heat a frypan to high heat and add the oil. Using a spoon, shape the corn mix into 15 patties and apply to the heat. Cook on each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.3.
Remove and set aside on a plate until all fritters are cooked.4.
In a separate bowl combine Spanish onion, tomato, cucumber, coriander leaves, avocado and chilli.5.
Tempted by this meat free recipe? We don’t blame you! Get the rest of the steps from the team at Meat Free Week here.